Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Can folic acid be the reason for hair loss?

I have been suffering from serious hair loss for the past few days. Since we are ttc, i have been taking folic acid for last 2 monthsCan folic acid be the reason for hair loss?
No, but stopping the pill is. For around 3 months after you stop taking bc your hair falls out- it shortens the 'hair life' hence you tend to lose a lot of hair.





Type in 'hair loss' and 'birth control pill' in a search engine and read all about it.





Edit: um, I know it can be a symptoms of diabetes. Also, if you suffered stress 6 months ago, your hair falling out can be a result of that. It takes 6 months to occur though. Any extreme stress then?





Also, is the hair falling out in clumps or evenly throughout?Can folic acid be the reason for hair loss?
I take folic acid every day now for 2 yrs. and I havent lost my hair. So no I don't think so. Unless maybe your allergic! Call a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment